Money Saved In 2010



Friday, April 13, 2007

You take the good, you take the bad

Do you all remember the song from Facts of Life? "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both & then you have The Facts Of Life" That's kind of what today's posting will reflect. Of course this is several days worth of things! It's been quite a busy week!

Tuesday I went with Dad to the eye Dr. His eye pressure had come down considerably! We are so thankful! We were there for 2 hours. When we came out to the lobby this elderly woman was sitting next to James just chatting away. I turned to look @ Dad, who nodded his head that yes, we know her! I went up & said " Can you spot one of us a mile away?" lol She had no idea that was my son she was talking to. James had no idea whe knew her. He hasnt seen her in prob 10 yrs. Anyway, she is one of my grandmother's best friends. They havent seen each other for awhile as my grandmother went to a nursing home 3 yrs ago & the other gal went to live with her son. So, that was quite the reunion in the Dr's office! lol

Thurs I went with Mom to get her taxes done. That was a long process...lots of paperwork since she retired last yr..and lots of taxes for her to pay! ARGH! But hopefully we can fix some of that for next year.

It has been so cold here..I've been cold all week! Finally got warm today! Anyway, 2 weeks ago when it was SO warm our tulips & other spring flowers that we planted this past fall, came up. I"m concerned they will surviv this cold snap much longer! I love flowers but these are an extra special blessing as these are the ones Mom planted in Nov after she got home from the hospital.

Tonight we received the news that Dale's Mom has been diagnosed with lymphoma. She has testing next Mon-Wed & then back the the Dr on Fri. We will hopefully know more then. All prayers would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

cajunquilter said...

Oh Daphne, I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. You sure have had alot to deal with the last few years. Take care of yourself!