Money Saved In 2010



Saturday, June 9, 2007

Recital & Reflections

This year I have been consciously trying to learn something new several times a week ( would like it to be every day!) 2 things I heard about this past week:

1) A friend of mine was putting on 1 lb a week due to her health issues. She went to a nutritionist who told her to eat pineapple. It absorbs the fat. She was told to eat 4 rings a day but she just couldn't stand that much pineapple. So, she ate 2 rings a day ( she got the kind where it's in its own juice) for 2 weeks & lost 6 lbs!! How cool is that? So, Dale is going to give it a try I think.

2) The parents who sat next to us @ graduation heard Dale say he was having leg cramps. The father works long hours @ a power plant & he had a Dr say to put a bar of soap under your fitted sheet & it takes away leg cramps. Now, no one seems able to explain why it works, but it was an interesting topic of conversation! So, we're going to try it I think! I"ll let you know how it works!

I love sayings! I saw one the other day that has become my siggy line: 40: the new 20 rofl.

Today James had his 1st ( and probably last! lol) recital. A year ago he asked for hip-hop lessons. So, he has taken them this year & he wanted to be in the recital. He thought he did terrible but the audience loved it! I got teary ( again! lol)

After the recital, Dale took us out to eat. We went to Bob Evans so there would be a variety of soft foods for James. Dale & I were then going to go out & do things but he got sick so we just came home. So, Mother & I went shopping! lol Got her some new shoes & got some clothes for the oldest nephew as he has almost nothing! Penney's was having a sale!

After I got home Dale got up from resting & we started watching Walk the Line but it wasn't working well on the TV downstairs so we might finish it up later on the upstairs TV. He hasn't ever seen it before. After that he got us dinner from KFC ( my fave!)

I've been very reflective today! lol 23 yrs ago today we got married. I was thinking of some of the things that happened that day: the audience hushing my dad, myself, & my bridesmaids while we waited for our turn to go into the church, Dale's mom accidentally blowing out the unity candle & Dale's dad standing up & saying " Stephanie, you blew out the candle ( I got told about that, I was still in the foyer! Lil), me deciding AFTER I got in my dress that I had to potty, so my 3 bridesmaids holding my dress so I could go!!!, my sudden panic when I turned the aisle to see Dale & he looked funny & I was ready to bolt! Dad must have suspected because he tightened his grip on me & down the aisle we went! Me RUNNING down the aisle afterward, dragging Dale ( we have pics of that!)..I was SO thrilled to be his wife! A huge hug from his dad, my back hurting from the weight of the dress, our cake melting, and on it goes! Just thought I'd share a few of those with you all.

2 comments:

cajunquilter said...

Happy Anniversary !! Hmmm interesting about the pineapple.

FlipFlop Mom said...

I LOVED THIS POST.. and forgive me for being so late in reading and responding.. I LOVE YOU girl.. and I will TRY the pineapple.. I'm NOT a fan.. but will try it for a week or two and see what happens!! I'm walking/running.. so that might just help!!
I have leg aches too!! and I'm going to see a Vasular Surgeon next week!! YIKES!!!!

Happy Happy LATE anniversary DEARHEART!! I hope it was AWESOME!!